At Sherman’s Auto Repairs we specialize in Lexus, Toyota and imports. We pride ourselves on taking personal care of each customer. Our customers know who we are and we know who they are. The quality of our work is outstanding and we can often get vehicles in and out the same day to minimize inconvenience for our customers. For repairs that may require more than one day, we partner with Enterprise Rent-A-Car to get you discounted rates. We are committed to repairing your vehicle right the first time, and we will always stand behind any work we perform.
What we do…
Sherman’s Auto Repairs is committed to achieving total customer satisfaction by adhering to the following promises:
- Implement the needed repairs properly the first time.
- Perform inspections every time on every vehicle.
- Never proceed with any maintenance or repair work without customer authorization
- Provide highly skilled diagnostic technicians to accurately solve the toughest problems
- Source and provide parts considering Quailty, Price and Availability
- Make recommendations for regularly scheduled maintenance that will reduce the overall operating costs, as well as make suggestions for repairs that are in your best interest relating to the condition of your vehicle.
The following is a fairly comprehensive list of services we offer. If you do not see a service listed, please ask.
- Air Conditioning
- Check Engine
- Cooling System
- Computer Diagnostic
- Custom Detailing
- Drive Train
- Fleet Service
- Fuel System
- Heating and Cooling
- Oil Change
- Power Steering
- Pre-Purchase Inspection
- Rear End
- Timing Belts
- Radiator repair/replacement
- Transmissions Tune ups
- Wheel Alignment (Computerized)
- 7500 Mile Maintenance
- 15000 Mile Maintenance
- 30000 Mile Maintenance
We are fully equipped to handle all automotive repair services your vehicle will ever need. We remain abreast with the latest developments in the automotive industry. We are constantly acquiring new, advanced, computerized diagnostic tools and equipment to service all car makes and models.
Oil works as a lubricant to the moving parts in your engine and works to keep the engine cool by carrying the heat away from the moving parts. Without oil, the engine’s moving parts will get so hot, they melt together and seize the engine. Save yourself the costly repair it takes to replace an engine, stop by our facility and have one of our certified technicians perform an oil change on your vehicle. Please see your owner’s manual for recommended intervals between oil changes.
- Oil change includes filling up to 5 quarts of conventional oil
- Lubrication of the chassis if necessary
- Complimentary top off of power steering and windshield washer fluids
- Complimentary tire inflation to recommended PSI
- Complimentary multi-point inspection that includes visual check of: brakes, brake fluid level, air filer, wiper blades, belts, tires, shocks and struts.
Axles, Shafts & Joints
It’s important to have your axle, CV joints, and driveshaft inspected at least once a year.
- Your vehicle’s driveshaft turns the axles, which turns your wheels. The driveshaft connects to the transmission through the CV joints, which are responsible for transferring the torque from the transmission to the drive wheels at a constant speed, while accommodating the bouncing of the suspension. The axle bears the weight of the vehicle while also being strong enough to bare the forces from braking and accelerating along various road conditions.
- A damaged driveshaft is what will usually cause a vehicle to vibrate while moving. Noises indicating a problem with the driveshaft will typically get worse at greater speeds. Turning issues will also arise from a problem with the driveshaft. CV joints can go bad when the grease is lost from a faulty CV boot. Rattling noises and vibrations during low acceleration are sure signs of a CV joint needed replacement. When there is a problem with your vehicle’s axle, you might be able to feel the vibrations through the steering wheel. Problems with axles can also point to worn wheel bearings.
Your vehicle’s brake system is very important for your safety because it allows your wheels to stop when needed. When you push the brake pedal, hydraulic pressure builds and is transferred to each wheel to push the brake shoes against the drums and the pads against the rotors. This friction slows the vehicle in proportion to the force applied to the brake pedal. Routine brake inspections and maintenance help to ensure that your vehicle’s brake system operates as designed at all times.
- For the best performance, your brake fluid should be flushed and replaced about every 30 months/30,000 miles or based on your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications.
- The Auto Repair can perform all types of front and rear brake service including replacement of brake drums, shoes, pads, calipers, hoses, master brake cylinder, wheel cylinders, proportioning valve and Anti-Lock Brake (ABS) unit.
- Turning the rotors and drums extends their life and ensures even wear over time.
The steering system connects the steering wheel to the drive wheels for control over your vehicle’s turns. Through the use of springs and shock absorbers, the suspension system helps to absorb shocks from bumps on the road and maintain vehicle stability. The condition of your steering and suspension systems dramatically affects the quality of your ride.
- Power steering fluid is essential to your power steering system and should be replaced at certain intervals to prevent problems due to old fluid or contamination with dirt and debris. This service also helps to avoid costly repairs to an unmaintained system.
- Over time your shocks and struts will show signs of wear and perform with less precision making your vehicle drive less smoothly over bumps in the road. The Auto Repair can inspect them for excessive wear and replace any if necessary.
The engine is the life force of your vehicle; performing regular maintenance and fluid changes is important to avoid the risk of break-downs and expensive repairs. The Auto Repair can perform all major and minor engine repairs and inspect all fluids and belts to maintain a high-performing, dependable engine.
- Your vehicle’s belts and hoses are essential to the functioning of the engine and the cooling and air conditioning systems. Replacing them at the correct intervals based on your vehicle manufacturer’s manual increase the dependability of your vehicle. The Auto Repair can inspect and replace:
- Flushing the engine protects it from damage and increases performance by washing away sludge and deposits that have built up over time.
- A thorough inspection of your vehicle’s engine parts will look for damage that might prevent the engine from performing properly. The scope reads fault codes from the computer for a more accurate diagnosis.
One of the most important parts of your vehicle, the transmission controls the output of the engine to match the speed of the wheels. An automatic transmission uses a computer to select the precise gear to be used without any driver involvement while a manual transmission requires the driver to use a clutch and gear stick to change the gears. A torque converter performs the same function for an automatic transmission as the clutch does for a manual transmission.
- Changing the automatic transmission fluid and filter according to your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications will keep your transmission clean and prevent premature wear and damage to the vehicle gears. We use synthetic or Dexron VI fluid for all transmission services.
- Changing the manual transmission fluid according to your vehicle manufacturer’s specifications will keep your transmission clean and prevent premature wear and damage to the vehicle gears.
- Over time the gears in your transmission may become worn and need to be replaced. The Auto Repair can diagnose problems with your transmission and replace it if necessary.
Watch These Suggested Videos
We also partner with several leading manufacturers and service providers such as BG Products, Inc., in our commitment to maintaining your vehicles. We provide high quality automotive maintenance services for fuel systems, engines, transmissions, brakes, power steering, cooling, battery, drive line and climate control systems. Watch the videos below to see how these services work to extend the life of your vehicle.
Brake fluid becomes oxidized and contaminated over time and use. Heat and moisture cause corrosion on parts and [...]
BG 44K® Restores mileage and boosts performance! In one professional application, specially formulated BG 44K® thoroughly cleans fuel systems, [...]
The power steering pump produces high pressure between 800–2000 pounds, with high heat. This leads to fluid breakdown [...]
Coolant is depleted of buffering ingredients and becomes extremely corrosive, literally eating holes in cooling system components. By-products [...]
Deposits accumulate on intake valves, injectors, ports, fuel injectors and combustion chambers causing loss of power, rough idle, [...]
After 30,000 miles, transmission fluid begins to show its age as it turns brown in color and oxidizes [...]